xah-fly-keys with Ultimate Hacking Keyboard
This is my layout of Ultimate Hacking Keyboard optimized for using with Emacs: Xah Fly Keys.
Layout for Xah-Fly-Keys
- Home key (on left) for activating command mode.
- ⌫ Backspace and Space are both leader keys. This allow either hand to invoke leader. But also, when held down, they activates Mod layer for arrows and other navigation via UHK.
- The number keys 1 2 and 7 8 are swapped. This is more efficient. [see Efficient Layout for Numbers]
- physical arrows keys. This makes isearch forward/backward easier.
- ⌦ Delete is a leader key for major mode commands.
- The special button at bottom, are Mod, Fn. So they are available, and can be pressed twice to lock into a mode.
- Ctrl and Alt are not used much with xah-fly-keys, they are left in their original position. Chording is avoided as much as possible.
Old Layouts, Not Used
back to Emacs: Xah Fly Keys