Kinesis/Ergodox layout for xah-fly-keys
This is a optimal layout of Kinesis Advantage keyboard for using with Emacs: Xah Fly Keys
Layout for Xah-Fly-Keys
[see Kinesis Keyboard Review]
This layout can also be used with Ergodox Keyboard [see Ergodox Keyboard Review]
- Home on left. It is used to activate command mode.
- End on right. Used to activate command mode. You can set it to activate insert mode, or, as a leader key for your own personal commands, or as global leader key. I use both Home and End for activating command mode because it is a command that used every few keystrokes, so it's nice to not put all burden on one hand.
- The ⌫ Backspace key is also a leader key, while in command mode. This allows you to use either thumb to type key sequence commands.
- ⌦ Delete is used as leader key for major modes commands.
- Ctrl and Alt are not used much with xah-fly-keys, they are left in their original position. Chording is avoided as much as possible.
- The number keys 1 2 and 7 8 are swapped. This is more efficient. [see Efficient Layout for Numbers]
More layouts at Kinesis Keyboard Optimal Thumb Cluster Layout
See also: Kinesis Keyboard Review
back to Emacs: Xah Fly Keys