Free Software Foundation, How Much Donation They Get?
Worth noting is that the FSF is a four-start charity [http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=8557#.VndSVHUrJD8 ] that spends about 81% of its budget on the programs it claims to deliver. However, their budget is just over a million dollars and in their financial reports it looks as though the program expenses are the personnel expenses. Basically, you're paying for these ten people [https://www.fsf.org/about/staff-and-board ] to run these campaigns [https://www.fsf.org/campaigns/ ] , amongst other activities.
from a post by “game--developer” at https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/3xlhei/how_to_support_emacs_development_financially/cy5sga0, posted on .
- 2018 Richard Stallman, Emacs Tyrant
- 2017 Richard Stallman Pushing for GPL3, Kicked Out Free Software from Free Software Platform
- 2016 Emacs Lisp Doc String Curly Quote Controversy
- 2016 GNU Emacs Removes Color Emoji Support on the Mac
- 2017 Emacs Lisp Sucks Donkey Ass. Please Grow Emacs, Not External Tools
- 2016 Emacs: Ugly Redisplay Internals Hack
- 2015 Richard Stallman: What's magit?
- 2013 Rants on Emacs Visual Lines by Don Hopkins and Mark Crispin
- 2013 Richard Stallman Wants Emacs to be Word Processor
- 2013 Free Software Foundation, How Much Donation They Get?
- 2012 Lisp Programer Daniel Weinreb Died (1959 to 2012)
- 2007 Daniel Weinreb Rebuttal to Richard Stallman's Story of LISP History
The Emacs Cult
- 2010 GNU Emacs Development Inefficiency
- 2001 GNU Emacs and XEmacs Schism
- 2007 My Experience of Emacs vs XEmacs
- 2008 Problems of Emacswiki
- 2011 Emacs Cult Problem: Emacs vs Windows Notepad
- 2011 Emacs Undo and Emacs Cult Problem
- 2010 Emacs: Have You Read Emacs Manual?