Emacs: Ugly Redisplay Internals Hack
this article is very well written.
[Buttery Smooth Emacs By Daniel Colascione. At https://www.facebook.com/notes/daniel-colascione/buttery-smooth-emacs/10155313440066102 , accessed on 2016-11-30 ]
it discusses the internals of emacs's display engine, and shows how ancient it is. The English, as an essay, is also top notch.
but, by the way, i remember the author Daniel Colascione.
- rms Stole Emacs Source Code from James Gosling
- rms Resigned from FSF, 2019-09-16
- 2019 rms at Microsoft, 2019
- 2018 rms, Emacs Tyrant
- 2017 rms Pushing for GPL3, Kicked Out Free Software from Free Software Platform
- 2016 Emacs Lisp Doc String Curly Quote Controversy
- 2016 GNU Emacs Removes Color Emoji Support on the Mac
- 2017 Language Server Protocol Kills Emacs
- 2016 Emacs: Ugly Redisplay Internals Hack
- 2015 rms: What's magit?
- 2013 Rants on Emacs Visual Lines by Don Hopkins and Mark Crispin
- 2013 rms Wants Emacs to be Word Processor
- 2013 Free Software Foundation, How Much Donation They Get?
- 2012 Lisp Programer Daniel Weinreb Died (1959 to 2012)
- 2011 rms Speech Requirement
- 2007 Daniel Weinreb Rebuttal to rms's Story of LISP History
- Young rms on Software Freedom
The Emacs Cult
- 2010 GNU Emacs Development Inefficiency
- 2001 GNU Emacs and XEmacs Schism
- 2007 My Experience of Emacs vs XEmacs
- 2008 Problems of Emacswiki
- 2011 Emacs Cult Problem: Emacs vs Windows Notepad
- 2011 Emacs Undo and Emacs Cult Problem
- 2010 Emacs: Have You Read Emacs Manual?