Emacs: Ugly Redisplay Internals Hack
this article is very well written.
[Buttery Smooth Emacs By Daniel Colascione. At https://www.facebook.com/notes/daniel-colascione/buttery-smooth-emacs/10155313440066102 , accessed on 2016-11-30 ]
it discusses the internals of emacs's display engine, and shows how ancient it is. The English, as an essay, is also top notch.
but, by the way, i remember the author Daniel Colascione.
- rms Stole Emacs from Gosling
- 2020 Bozhidar Batsov RuboCop Incident
- 2019 rms Resigned from FSF
- 2019 rms at Microsoft
- 2018 rms is a Tyrant
- 2018 Linus: Respect is Earned Not Given
- 2017 rms Pushing for GPL3, Kicked Out Free Software from Free Software Platform
- 2016 Elisp Doc String Curly Quote Controversy
- 2016 rms Removes Color Emoji on Mac Emacs
- 2017 Language Server Protocol (LSP) Kills Elisp
- 2016 Ugly Redisplay Internals Hack
- 2015 rms: What's magit?
- 2013 Rants on Emacs Visual Lines by Don Hopkins, Mark Crispin
- 2013 rms Wants Emacs to be Word Processor
- 2013 How Much Donation FSF Get
- 2012 rms on Open Source
- 2012 Daniel Weinreb Died
- 2011 rms Speech Requirement
- 2007 Daniel Weinreb Rebuttal to rms's Lie
- Young rms on Software Freedom
The Emacs Cult
- 2010 Emacs Dev Inefficiency
- Emacs Dev Inefficiency, Emacs Web 2?
- 2001 Emacs and XEmacs Schism
- 2007 Emacs vs XEmacs
- 2008 Problems of Emacswiki
- 2011 Emacs vs Windows Notepad
- 2011 Emacs Undo Cult Problem
- 2010 Have You Read Emacs Manual