Sacha Chua's Emacs Chat with Phil Hagelberg (aka Technomancy)
Phil Hagelberg is best known in emacs community for his “Emacs Starter Kit”, now as “Better Defaults” At https://github.com/technomancy/better-defaults
I learned about Phil Hagelberg about last year, then i think i remembered that back in 2007 or so, there's “Emacs Starter Kit”. Emacs Starter Kit has several forks now, but i think techomancy is the original author. [see List of Emacs Starter Kits]
But what particularly caught my attention with his name was about 2 months ago, i noticed that he designed his own keyboard, called Atreus keyboard, and actually manufactured it.
You can see my analysis of it at: Heart ♥ Keyboard, Butterfly Keyboard, Cat 😸 Keyboard, Star Trek Keyboard ⌨.
Phil also uses Ergodox Keyboard. You can see it in the video.
btw, Phil Hagelberg has a catchy nick name: “technomancy”. The “techno” part means technology. The “mancy” means “magic”, usually in some divination sense, as in:
- geomancy → divination by using lines and figures.
- necromancy → divination by talking to the dead.
- bibliomancy → divination by books, especially Scriptures.
- chiromancy → aka palmistry.
- hydromancy → divination by observing water.
- pyromancy → divination by fire.
- oneiromancy → divination thru dreams.
- rhabdomancy → divination by rod: dousing.
You can see the word used in The Tale Of The Ensorceled Prince (The Arabian Nights translated by Sir Richard Burton)
Phil Hagelberg's sites:
Patreon me $5. Ask me question on patreon