Freenode IRC Emacs Channel Ban on Xah Lee
I'm banned on Freenode's IRC emacs channel since about 2006-10, and the ban was never lifted as of 2009-03. The ban is primarily, and single-handedly executed by John Sullivan (aka johnsu01).
I started to use freenode's IRC emacs channel in about 2005-12. I was banned in that channel on and off before 2006-10, and the regulars on that channel discussed the issue on a emacs wiki (emacswiki.org). But few months after the permanent ban by John Sullivan, the entire page is removed. I have saved it, and the complete saved page, unedited, is here: Kickban Xah Lee From Emacs Channel. The above contain image links to other sites, which may be gone. Here's a archived version: EmacsWiki_KickbanXahLee.zip.
I was also ban'd in freenode's lisp channel a few times. See: Ignorance And Intolerance In Online Computing Communities.
- 2018 Richard Stallman, Emacs Tyrant
- 2017 Richard Stallman Pushing for GPL3, Kicked Out Free Software from Free Software Platform
- 2016 Emacs Lisp Doc String Curly Quote Controversy
- 2016 GNU Emacs Removes Color Emoji Support on the Mac
- 2017 Emacs Lisp Sucks Donkey Ass. Please Grow Emacs, Not External Tools
- 2016 Emacs: Ugly Redisplay Internals Hack
- 2015 Richard Stallman: What's magit?
- 2013 Rants on Emacs Visual Lines by Don Hopkins and Mark Crispin
- 2013 Richard Stallman Wants Emacs to be Word Processor
- 2013 Free Software Foundation, How Much Donation They Get?
- 2012 Lisp Programer Daniel Weinreb Died (1959 to 2012)
- 2007 Daniel Weinreb Rebuttal to Richard Stallman's Story of LISP History
The Emacs Cult
- 2010 GNU Emacs Development Inefficiency
- 2001 GNU Emacs and XEmacs Schism
- 2007 My Experience of Emacs vs XEmacs
- 2008 Problems of Emacswiki
- 2011 Emacs Cult Problem: Emacs vs Windows Notepad
- 2011 Emacs Undo and Emacs Cult Problem
- 2010 Emacs: Have You Read Emacs Manual?