Emacs: Xah HTML Mode
This is the home page of xah-html-mode.
xah-html-mode is a emacs major mode for HTML5.
It is designed for clean HTML5 only. (but you could use it for HTML4 or XHTML.)
How's it diff from default HTML mode or other HTML modes?
The basic idea of this mode is simple keyword based coloring. Just color keywords, that's all, no fancy syntax parsing. (this also means you'll get wrong colors in text.)
that's the basic idea.
the mode's tag completion is much more superior.
- HTML5 tag names are colored. (⁖ p, span, div, b, i, …)
- HTML5 attribute names are colored. (⁖ class, id, style, title, width, height, …)
- CSS property names are colored. (⁖ color, font-family, border, position, width, …)
- CSS unit names are colored. (⁖ px, em, ex, %, …)
- CSS color names are colored. (⁖ red, yellow, aqua, aquamarine, …)
- Curly quoted text are colored (as well as strings). (⁖ “curly”, "string")
• tag insertion cammands. They wrap a tag around text selection. If there's no selection, then decided smartly on word/line/block. When current selection or position is empty, it'll place your cursor in between the inserted tag. The major command is
• Convert text to table or reverse.
• Convert lines to list
• Command to colorize computer language code.
• Remove HTML tags:
• Extract URL in a text selection.
• Htmlize keyboard shortcuts notation
• Replace region text to HTML entities or Unicode equivalent.
• Updating title and h1 tags of current file.
• Change inline image tag and image file name.
here's major features am working on
lets you navigate/delete tags. Similar to
sgml-delete-tag, but hopefully better.
real-time syntax coloring of nesting tags. Similar to
some type of sematic unit editing (similar to paredit mode for elisp). The idea is that, you always edit by tag units, so that your tags are never mismatched.
robust handling of comments.
normal problem of multi-mode is mostly avoided, because this package doesn't really try to do any syntax checking. I'm thinking this approach might be better in practice.
Want this mode to grow? Voice your support. 《Emacs: new major modes for HTML, CSS, PHP, ELISP, and Lean Emacs LISP Manual》 @ http://pledgie.com/campaigns/19973
also checkout Emacs: Xah CSS Mode. Much simpler.