Xah's Emacs Tutorial: Acknowledgment
This emacs tutorial is gradually written in many years, starting in 2006. Over the years, many people have helped, big and small. Some contributed code, some corrections, some suggestions, and some in discussions.
I particularly like to thank Jon Snader (jcs) http://irreal.org/blog/ , who has made many helpful comments, links to my tutorial, encouragements, and proofreading, since 2011.
I also like to thank many who have donated or bought my emacs tutorial, and many on tweeter and social networks. In particular, • benluo https://twitter.com/benluo • Thomas Yao https://twitter.com/ghosTM55 • fangzhzh fangzhzh • Lew Perin http://babelcarp.org/babelcarp/, and many others.
Thanks to people on comp.emacs newsgroup over the years (mostly 1999 to 2006), and also regulars on irc.freenode.net/emacs channel in 2006, and many help from newsgroup gnu.emacs.help in 2008, and since.
I particularly like to thank the following people for support:
- Kai Großjohann (author of many emacs packages), for many technical answers in comp.emacs from 1999 to 2002.
- Kenny Tilton (author of
http://www.stuckonalgebra.com/index.html) for support in comp.lang.lisp.
- Deepak Goel [
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DeepakGoel] (aka deego), for help and support in freenode's irc channel.
- Michael Olson [http://www.mwolson.org/] (mwolson) (author of https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs-muse/index.html), for help and support in freenode's irc in 2006.
- Ryan Yeske (rcy) (auhor of rcirc https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/rcirc), for help and support in irc 2006.
- Luis Fernandes [https://www.ee.ryerson.ca/~elf/] (aka elf) (author of Emacs Logo). For help and support in irc 2006.
- Eduardo Ochs [http://angg.twu.net/] (aka edrx) (author of eev mode). For help and support in irc ~2006.
- Shawn Betts (sabetts) (author of Ratpoison and Stumpwm). For help and support in irc 2006.
- Alfred M. Szmidt (ams), for helping me in getting elisp manual's texinfo source.
The following people have often helped me over gnu.emacs.help during 2008.
- Nikolaj Schumacher (author of more than 10 emacs modes), for many technicalities of elisp.
- Drew Adams [http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DrewAdams] (author of Icicles, Dired+, Bookmark+, et al.)
- Alan Mackenzie [http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AlanMackenzie] (maintainer of c-mode and related code.), for various arguments.
- Lennart Borgman [http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/LennartBorgman] (author of
http://www.ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html), for CUA symbol property.
- Ted Zlatanov [
https://plus.google.com/111144617801417828929/about], for “toggle-letter-case”.
The following are more people who have helped me in emacs, mostly regulars on freenode's IRC emacs channel during 2006.
- David Hansen
- Peter Barabas [http://y99k.com/] (aka z0d)
- Vivek Dasmohapatra [http://rtfm.etla.org/] (aka fledermaus). Author of
- Pascal J Bourguignon [http://www.informatimago.com/] (pjb)
- John Sullivan [http://www.wjsullivan.net/] (aka johnsu01)
- Trent Buck (twb)
- Taylor R Campbell (Riastradh) (author of paredit)
- Jorgen Schaefer
- Edward O'Connor [http://edward.oconnor.cx/] (aka hober) (author of ljupdate)
- Alex Schroeder [http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/AlexSchroeder] (aka kensanata) (founder of emacswiki)
… and more, especially many emacs developers in gnu.emacs.help in 2008. Any major specific help are listed at the particular page or source code. And i probably have missed a few. Please gently remind me if you got a chance.
Thanks to Dave Pawson for many corrections. Also, thanks to the many people who have made comments. It's hard to list everyone here. But, thank you.