Emacs: Batch Rename Files by Regex
This pages shows you how to rename multiple files in emacs.
Go to the directory first, by calling
〔➤see Emacs: File Management (dired tutorial)〕
When in dired, call
Then, just edit the file names.
When done, do one of:
wdired-finish-edit【Ctrl+c Ctrl+c】 to commit the changes.
wdired-abort-changes【Ctrl+c Ctrl+k】 to abort the changes.
- Emacs: File Management (dired tutorial)
- Emacs: Dired Customization
- Emacs: Find Replace Text in Directory
- Emacs: Batch Rename Files by Regex
- Emacs: Sort File by Time, Size, in Dired
- Emacs: Open File in External App
- Emacs: Rename File from Space to Hyphen/Underscore
- Emacs: Convert Image Files in Dired
or, buy something from Best Keyboard for Emacs