Emacs: Toggle Comment Current Line
Here's a command to toggle comment of current line.
(defun xah-comment-dwim () "Like `comment-dwim', but toggle comment if cursor is not at end of line. URL `http://ergoemacs.org/emacs/emacs_toggle_comment_by_line.html' Version 2016-10-25" (interactive) (if (region-active-p) (comment-dwim nil) (let (($lbp (line-beginning-position)) ($lep (line-end-position))) (if (eq $lbp $lep) (progn (comment-dwim nil)) (if (eq (point) $lep) (progn (comment-dwim nil)) (progn (comment-or-uncomment-region $lbp $lep) (forward-line )))))))
Put it in your emacs init.
Also, you can give it the comment-dwim key, like this:
(global-set-key (kbd "M-;") 'xah-comment-dwim)
Enhanced Editing Commands Topic
- Select Line, between Quotes, Extend Selection
- Copy/Cut Current Line If No Selection
- Copy/Cut All or Selection
- Paste or Paste Previous
- Delete Whitespace around Cursor
- Move Cursor to Beginning of Line/Paragraph
- Move Cursor by Text Block
- Move Cursor to Bracket/Quote
- Move Cursor to Punctuation
- Delete Text Block
- Toggle Comment Current Line
- Insert Date Time
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.