Emacs: Name Completion
- For completing the word under cursor, mostly used in in a programing language source code. This works best in
- For expanding current word to any matching string that occurs in any existing buffers.
[see Emacs: Hippie Expand]
- For expanding current word to any string, emoji, template, etc. You define the abbrevs.
[see Emacs: Abbrev Mode]
Completion for Minibuffer Prompts
- For auto completion in minibuffer, for buffer/file names. [see Emacs: Ido Mode]
- For all minibuffer prompt command completion. [see Emacs: Icomplete Mode]
[see Emacs: icomplete vs ido mode]
2012-11-29 thanks to Ba Manzi (杨贵龙) for a tip.