This page is a index to essays that are related to improving emacs, from my personal opinion.
User Interface Related
Editing Commands Usability Issues
Major Mode Related
Emacs Documentation Problems
Emacs Manual Outdated
- Emacs Lisp: Ban Syntax Table
- Emacs: Make elisp-index-search use Current Symbol
- Emacs: Usability Problems of Mode Documentation
- Emacswiki Problems
- Texinfo Problems
- Emacs Suggestion: dired-do-query-replace-regex Replace ALL (fixed in emacs 23.1)
- Problems of Emacs Supporting Obsolete Systems
- Emacs Lisp Suggestion: Function to Copy/Delete a Directory Recursively (fixed in emacs 23.2)
- Keyboard Shortcut Notation
- Thoughts on Common Lisp Scheme Lisp Based Emacs
- Text Editors Popularity and Market Research
- GUI Makes People Dumb?
- Text Editor's Cursor Movement Behavior (emacs, vi, Notepad++)
- Emacs Misc Bugs
- Emacs nxml-mode Fontification Changes
- Emacs Lisp: read-from-minibuffer Propels Deep Questions
GNU Emacs Dev Inefficiency
or, buy something from my keyboard store.