Emacs: Copy Rectangle Region to kill-ring
When you Alt+x
kill-rectangle, the text does not go into emacs kill-ring nor the OS's clipboard.
Here a command to copy rectangle region to emacs's kill-ring.
(defun xah-copy-rectangle-to-kill-ring (@begin @end) "Copy region as column (rectangle region) to `kill-ring' See also: `kill-rectangle', `copy-to-register'. URL `http://ergoemacs.org/emacs/emacs_copy_rectangle_text_to_clipboard.html' version 2016-07-17" ;; extract-rectangle suggested by YoungFrog, 2012-07-25 (interactive "r") (require 'rect) (kill-new (mapconcat 'identity (extract-rectangle @begin @end) "\n")))
Rectangle Edit Topic
- Emacs: Copy/Paste and kill-ring History
- Emacs: Copy/Cut Current Line If No Selection
- Emacs: Copy/Cut All or Selection
- Emacs: Paste or Paste Previous
- Emacs: Show kill-ring
- Emacs: Copy to Register
- Emacs: 1 Key to Copy/Paste from Register
- Emacs: Copy Append
- Emacs: Copy Rectangle Region to kill-ring
- Emacs: Sync Copy/Paste Clipboards with Linux X11
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.